Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Monday

This week's dinner menu:

Monday: Potato, Ham, and Corn Chowder, Green Salad
Tuesday: Honey Mustard Chicken, Broccoli, and Yams
Wednesday: Blackened Salmon, Jasmine Rice, Green Salad
Thursday: Roast Chicken, Sauteed Green Beans, Red Potatoes
Friday: Date Night-Kids eat Spinach Quesadillas
Saturday: Grilled Steak, Gnocchi Mac and Cheese (from Plain Chicken), Green Salad
Sunday: Dinner out with the kids

Speaking of food, I wanted to fill you all in on a delicious little secret. First, let me just say that I am in no way being compensated for reviewing this item. I just really dig it and wanted to share it with you all. I rarely eat frozen food, but a while back when I was monitoring my caloric intake I needed to find a good lunch option. The fine peeps at SparkPeople.com mentioned Healthy Choice All Natural Frozen Entrees. I tried a few, but the one I keep buying up is the Roasted Red Pepper Marinara. It's sooo good that even though I am no longer monitoring my calories I still eat it! Below is the information from their website.

Fire-roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, and tangy marinara sauce complement whole-grain cavatelli pasta. With notes of Chardonnay wine and sea salt, this all-natural meal will tantalize your taste buds.

Nutrition Information

Serving size: 8.5 oz (241 g)
Calories: 270
Calories from fat: 60
Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Fat (6 g) 9%
Saturated Fat (2 g) 10%
Trans Fat (0 g)
Cholesterol (5 mg) 2%
Sodium (580 mg) 24%
Vitamin A (10%)
Calcium (15%)
Total Carbohydrates (43 g) 14%
Dietary Fiber (5 g) 16%
Sugar (5 g)
Protein (10 g)
Vitamin C (15%)
Iron (10%)
Diet Exchanges Per Serving
Very Lean Meat --
Lean Meat --
Starch (2.5)
Carbohydrate --
Vegetable (1)
Fruit --
Milk --
Fat (1)

Weight Watchers Points:

 5**
Contains: Wheat, Egg, Milk
signature2

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It's also nice to run into someone else who plans out their menu every week. Nice lineup of dishes!