Wednesday, September 15, 2010

NYC Through Her Eyes

 New York City Through the Eyes
 of an 8-year Old


This summer my husband and I took our two children on a two-week east coast vacation.
We spent three night in NYC, seeing the sights.



After taking hundreds of photo's with my Nikon D5000, I forgot it in the Airport
bathroom on our way home.



We had photo's with family and friends in NYC, New Jersey, and North Carolina.
It was a devestating loss.



We spent two exhausting days in a desperate search for the camera's.



My husbands camera was also in the camera bag along with mine.



I hadn't downloaded or printed any of the photos from the camera's.



Luckily,



My 8 year-old daughter had taken her camera on the trip with us.


These are the photos SHE took.



We are so grateful, that she was able to capture some memories from our trip.



We were delighted with the beauty she saw and captured.



It was sad to have lost the camera's, to know that someone found it and chose not to return it. It gave us an uneasy feeling to know that some stranger was looking at us, at our photos. But...we found comfort in the fact that we DID have a perfect trip, and we all made it home safely.

I will cherish these photos my young daughter took forever. Actually, I'm considering making these photo's into postcards and using them as our Christmas Cards.

I now have 3 labels on my camera with reward information. Before it only had our phone number.

We gave our daughter a small pink digital camera for Christmas when she was 7.
She has given us a bigger gift.

Do you have a child who has taken an amazing or funny photo? Send them to me and if you "follow me" I will try and post it.

sig2
                                         
*The photos in this post are the property of Lilianna Grace
and cannot be used without permission.*
             

No comments: