Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Weekend For The Record Books {Personal Reflection}

Well, there weren't actually any records set this weekend, but it was a weekend worth recording. We've had three great weekends in row this much which is saying a lot. There have been weekends where we just can't figure out something fun to do for the life of us? Does that ever happen to you? Besides hubs and I's {wait, is I's correct grammer, doubtful} permanent standing date-night, it helps that Chloe has games on Saturday's because that is a pre-set family activity that gets us outside and we all thoroughly enjoy watching her play. This Saturday after Chloe's game me and the kids went to lunch with my Aunt and my cousin. Remember the one that I hadn't spoken to in a long time and we recently re-connected? Yep, we all went to lunch and it was sooooo nice. Perfect actually. I'm glad she was available to go, it was great to spend time with her in that setting. She also was rooting Chloe on at her game. Chloe received her second game ball. She had an incredible hit that was almost out of the field. She also made a few outs at first.

After lunch we went home for siesta. Then, that evening, Chloe had a friend sleep over, which these days is a rare occasion. The little girl had never been over before, but she was so sweet and easy! Chloe was very happy. Sunday morning her friend was picked up shortly after breakfast. Later, we took the kids to Belmont Park. Belmont Park is small amusement park, with maybe 12 rides, located right by the bay/ocean in San Diego. For $27 per child they get a bracelet that allows them to ride all the rides as many times as they want. It's a great deal. It's also great that Chloe and Nash are big enough to go on all the rides by themselves. Me and hubs just got to watch, although my stomach drops just seeing them on the rides like this very old roller coaster.
Giant Dipper at Belmont Park San Diego, CA.
Giant Dipper @ Belmont Park, San Diego, Ca.
Photo from Joyrides.com
signature2

4 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you had such a great weekend with your family, Lil! Even looking at that photo kind of makes my stomach queasy:)

Carmella said...

Oh, I remember this place! I used to live in San Diego for a while, but I was always too chicken to ride the giant dipper! Great memories of the beaches there :)

Sandra said...

My stomach is churning just looking at that rollercoaster.
And three good weekends in a row: congrats! We had one. That should be it for us till next spring...ok, I'm joking...sort of...

Unknown said...

You know, I have never been on a real roller coaster! At this point in my life I don't see it happening, lol. Sounds like a lovely weekend, though! :)