Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chloe's Birthday.....Help!

You all know how I hate birthday parties, right? Well Chloe is turning the big 1-0 in March. This is not one I can easily dust under the rug. She is expecting a lot. Most of all she wants a party! I hate throwing birthday parties. I suggested the idea of having a slumber party and she was all over it. She hasn't had a sleepover since we moved here. At first I told her she could invite 5 girls, but then we decided to invite ALL the girls in her class. Don't worry, there are only eight other girls in her class and I figure, they probably won't all be able to come. She has 17 boys in her class. I honestly don't know what her school was thinking making a class that is so unbalanced. But I digress. I'm sending my boys away for the night of her party so it will be girls only. Last night she picked a theme...Hollywood! Now that we have a plan and I have time enough to execute it, I'm actually pretty excited and want to make it really special for her. I spent some time browsing ideas last night. I found great ideas for activities, but I really wanted to stay away from the cheesy decorations that are available for purchase at the big party stores. Also, most of the 'Hollywood' themed parties, really were decorated more like a 'Movies' themed party. I want to stay away from that as well.

Any thoughts or links would be helpful.
I'll keep you updated as well...
signature2

3 comments:

Greenmama said...

When you said Hollywood theme, I instantly thought of silver and gold, and old Hollywood glamor! I don't know what to do about decorations, but I thought twinkle lights, white and silver candles, glitz but not glittery. I hope that was helpful :)

Shannon said...

I clicked on your blog because of your name. I have a 2 year old daughter named Lilliana Grace and never see that name. Also, tomkatstudios.com has got some great party ideas including an glam barbie one that is just the silhouette of the face and everything is pink, black and silver and not little girl at all. Cute stuff over there!

Jill said...

Hi! I just found your blog and became a follower! My daughter turned 10 last May and had her first sleepover party and they had a blast! I love planning parties! One of the things we did is our own glamour session with makeup mirrors and makeup set out for makeovers, we had dress ups and a fashion show... great times! I gave away spa baskets filled with goodies and more!
Hope you have a great week! If you get a chance stop by my blog and say hi!

Blessings,
Jill